Saturday, 20 February 2016

Loveathon Intro







1.     What’s your name?

My name is Elizabeth and I prefer my whole name (even though Elizabeth has a lot of possible nickames!)


2.     Where in the world are you blogging from?

I’m blogging from Alberta, Canada. Specifically where changes depending if I’m at university or at home!


3.     How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I don’t actually remember! It was a while ago! I’ve always loved reading and so I guess it just seemed to make sense to start book blogging

4.     How did you come up with your blog name?

I think it was probably the first thing I thought of! I’m actually thinking about changing it to make it more unique/specific to me but I’m still trying to come up with ideas

5.     What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?

I definitely mostly read YA, and within that my favourite genres are fantasy and sci-fi although I do also love historical fiction!

6.     What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I’ve been trying to branch out more lately and do some discussion and book talk posts. I also love doing TTT if the topic is interesting and if I have time!

7.     Best blogging experience so far?

Probably meeting some pretty amazing bookish friends! I also love looking back on old blog posts and seeing how things have changed or remembering how I enjoyed a book.

8.     Favorite thing about the blogging community?

I love getting to celebrate a love of books with fellow bookish people but I also love how dedicated the community is to having serious and thoughtful conversations about issues in the world/book community.

9.     Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!

So some of these books have already come out/I’ve already read them but I was still very excited for them! They are Passenger, Salt to the Sea, The Mirror King, Truthwitch and the next Throne of Glass book (that's coming out this year right?) 

10.Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!

Oh man only five? I have sooo many books I want to read that I haven’t got to yet! I guess I really want to read A Court of Roses and Thorns, The Ruin and Rising series (that counts as one right?), the last three Outlander books, a biography of Einstein and The Rose Society!

11.What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

I absolutely LOVE The Cadet of Tildor. It was soooo good and I’ve never heard anyone talk about it!


12.Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?

Hermione and I would be the best of friends! Because we love books, cats, and keep our friends from doing ridiculous things!

13.Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?

OH this is hard because so many of the guys I love have a romantic interest in the books and I don’t want to split that couple up! But I really love Sam from the Incarnate series and Chaol from the Throne of Glass series!

14.Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)

Lets see… Hermione, Peggy Carter and McGonagall because we’d be a bad-ass lady crew!

15.Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

I love to knit, play with my cats and to nerd out over science (especially chemistry!) and I collect pins

16.Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

I am addicted to buying journals and also my favourite pens (I have wayyyy too many of both!)

17.At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?

Haha right now my favourite song to listen to has been either Fight Song by Rachel Platten or I Stand Alone from Quest for Camelot

18.Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.

I would LOVE to see any of Tamora Pierce’s books as a TV show!

19.What would your dream library look like?

HUGE! It be filled with books of all kinds and people could come in a borrow them and if they really loved it they could keep it and I’d be rich enough that I could just replace it



20.Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?


Hmmm that’s tough. I think it’d be so cool to sit down with LM Montgomery, but as for alive authors I’d love to chat with Tamora Pierce, JK Rowling, Jodi Meadows or Alex Bracken 

6 comments:

  1. Yay hello fellow Canadian! Meeting J.K. Rowling would be awesome, I have to agree. I haven't read Tamora Pierce but based on your answer to the TV question, I probably should. Awesome introduction & happy LoveAThon! -Shelly @ Read.Sleep.Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Canada! I would definitely recommend Tamora Pierce to anyone regardless of their book taste!

      Delete
  2. Jodi Meadows is one of my favorite people in the entire world <3 Also, yes, Throne of Glass 5 is coming out this year, and I am MAJORLY excited. Happy Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Throne of Glass 5 is going to be amazing!

      Delete
  3. You have to read A Court of Roses and Thorns! It was my favorite read of 2015. I'm planning to re-read it for the third time in the coming months in preparation for the next book :)

    Hermione would be amazing for an apocalypse squad! A lot of people have mentioned her but I didn't even think about adding a Harry Potter character to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom loved A Court of Roses and Thorns so I know that I need to read it, its just a matter of finding the time!

      Delete