Monday, 25 January 2016

TTT: 9 Twins from Books

My Favourite Sets of Twins in Literature


Top Ten Tuesday is a feature created by the folks at The Broke and Bookish 

As a twin, I LOVE books about twins and have been reading every single books with twin characters, ever since I was a little girl! I especially love stories with unconventional twins and relationships, because that's what my twin and I have.


1. Bert/Nan, Freddie/Flossie- The Bobbsey Twins series

I know that this is technically two different sets of twins but since they always appear together in the same books I figured that they really only count as one! My grandma used to give me these books (from either her store of books she had as a kid or from the used bookstore) which made me love them even more!

2. Moira and Ashyn from Sea of Shadows 

I had the chance to read an ARC of this book and part of what drew me to the story was that it focused on twins in a fantasy setting!
3. Addie and Meryl from The Two Princesses of Bamarre 

This was one of my favourite books as a kid because I loved how it focused on the desire to help/save your twin, and the incredible bond that twins have



4. Alanna and Thom from Alanna: The First Adventure

We really only get to hear Alanna's story, with an occasional mention of Thom, but Alanna herself is pretty bad-ass

5. Sophie and Josh from The Alchemyst 

Funnily enough this series was recommended to me by my friends who are twins! Again I loved that it took twins and plopped them into a magical/mystical world (which are my two favourite things!)

6. Eva and Addie from What's Left of Me

I debated about whether or not these two are actually twins, but I eventually decided that that was the best way to describe them (after all they technically are two people)! They are a super unique version of twins that I haven't really seen before (or anything like it since!)



7. Lia and Alice from Prophecy of the Sisters 

I'm going to be honest, its been a long time since I read these books, but the main characters are twins and I did enough it

8.  John and Philippa from the Children of the Lamp series

Again this series combines my two favourite things, twins and magic/mystical realms. I was obsessed with these books, and this post makes me want to re-read them!

9. Fred and George from Harry Potter

Oh Fred and George, how could anyone NOT love you? Also these two are probably the twins who bring me to tears most when I read about them (because you know...)


What about you guys- have you read any books with twins? Comment below (and link me to your TTT!)

10 comments:

  1. I liked Our Fearful Symmetry, Fangirl and I'll Give You the Sun. I was freaked out by the twins in The Secret History because they are just wrong! Good idea for a TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't read Our Fearful Symmetry or I'll Give You the Sun- I'll have to check them out!

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool list! I'm glad to see the Weasley twins on your list :)

    Have you read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell? I immediately thought of it when I read your theme. The story is really clever--too much swearing for my taste but I enjoyed the story. Check it out!

    My TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2016/01/26/top-10-tuesday-favorite-book-series-ever/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read Fangirl! I meant to put it on this list but forgot. It wasn't my favourite book ever but it does have twins!

      Delete
  3. YAY! Great choice of topic this week. I always love freebie week as people always do such amazing topics! I love twins in fiction, especially when they are wrote so well. I LOVE Fred & George :') MY FAVOURITE TWINS!!!! Although I now cry every time I think of them, haha. Happy and sad tears, of course ;)

    Here's my TTT post if you want to check it out. I picked non-book romances I would love to see get book adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cry in all the books whenever Fred and George are mentioned because I KNOW what happens! So sad :(

      Delete
  4. Alanna and Thom and Eva and Addie are the best! I love them so much. Alanna and Thom were one of the first twins that I ever read about and even though twins are becoming more popular in YA, I still come back to them. And of course, Fred and George :D

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #Commenting365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alanna and Thom were probably some of my first twins too and even though we mostly just get to see Alanna I love them!

      Delete
  5. Great TTT list! Fred & George were some of my favourite characters from Harry Potter. I'm trying to think of other literary twins that I've read that are my favourite and only Twelfth Night's Sebastian and Viola come to mind xD

    - Lianne @ eclectictales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I do seek out books with twins when I was writing this post I found myself blanking! I'm sure now that I've written it I'll think of lots of twins!

      Delete