Thursday, 29 October 2015

Torn Away

Torn Away



By:  Jennifer Brown
Published: May 6th, 2014
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Source: Netgalley |Thank you!|
My Rating: 4 out of 5

Synopsis

Jersey Cameron has always loved a good storm. Watching the clouds roll in and the wind pick up. Smelling the electricity in the air. Dancing barefoot in the rain. She lives in the Midwest, after all, where the weather is sure to keep you guessing. Jersey knows what to do when the tornado sirens sound. But she never could have prepared for this. (more on Goodreads)


My Thoughts

This book was a super interesting read to me. I live in a place that doesn't have tornadoes and usually the only sort of crazy weather we have to deal with is snow storms and flooding once every ten years. So reading about a life where the weather is such a worry opened my eyes a lot! I don't exactly know a lot about tornadoes but it seemed like the size and destruction was a little far fetched- again that could just be because I have NO idea what tornadoes are like!

This book was such an emotional book! It had me in tears and just aching for Jersey, I can't even imagine the pain of what she went through. I definitely connected with her right away and went through so many emotions- just like she did! I was sad and devastated and angry and worried and it was just so much at times! One time I was reading while I waited for class to start and I had to stop because if I started crying in the middle of ochem that would have been bad! 

At the same time I definitely could have used MORE! This book felt super short to me and 
it ended way to use. I really liked Jersey and I wanted to see more of her, especially in her life towards the end of the book. I loved those characters so much and I wanted to see more of them growing together and healing along with each other! But man that last scene made me bawl- it was just so emotional (in an amazing, lovely way!)

So I would definitely recommend this book to people who like contemporary reads, shorter books or books that pull at your heart strings!

No comments:

Post a Comment