Saturday, 31 October 2015

Bookish Halloween



I was always that child who was so excited about Halloween because I could finally get to be my very favourite characters from the books I loved so much. I'm pretty sure half the time the other kids had no idea who I was, but I didn't care. So I thought I would take a look back this Halloween and talk about some of my very favourite bookish Halloween costumes from when I was a kid!

Sadly I don't have any pictures because all they were pretty much all physical photos and I don't have any of those with me! So here it goes!

1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)

I was absolutely obsessed with Harry Potter when I was little and Hermione was my favourite! (this sentence is still true now). When I was in grade 2 (8 years old) I finally got to dress up as my favourite little witch! The night before I braided my hair while it was still wet, and when I took the braids out I had quite a nice bushy hair do! My mom had sewn a robe for me and I borrowed a tie from my brother and was all set! (I know I have a pic of this- when I go home next I'll find it so I can add it!) Until then her is little Hermione-

2. Trixie Belden (from the Trixie Belden mystery series)

A friend of mine actually dressed up as Honey Wheeler at the same time as me which was a blast! We had both read the books and loved the girls! We bought red sweaters from the thrift store and pinned the club logo on the back. We both wore wigs (I had a short blonde one and she had a long blonde one) which were so itchy! But it was a super fun and super simple costume




3. Anne Shirley (from the Anne of Green Gables series)

Anne was my FAVOURITE person when I was little, I read all the books multiple times so naturally I dressed up as Anne more than once! My mom sewed a cute little dress (she made most of our Halloween costumes - thanks Mom!), I wore my white socks and black shoes. My hair was in the classic two braids and we used a coloured hairspray to colour it a bright red colour. (It was not realistic at all- it was like a fire engine red!). I was the happiest little girl when I got to dress as Anne!



What about you? Did you ever dress up as a bookish Halloween character? Tell me in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment