Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Authors I Own A Lot of Books From

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors that I Own 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme created by and featured at The Broke and Bookish blog

1. Tamora Pierce

I own a grand total of 29 books by Tamora Pierce. Chances are if she's written it- I own it! I have all her Tortall books as well as her Circle books and the various standalones and anthologies that she has written or is part of. The infographic below is just a few of her books I own.





2. Lucy Maude Montgomery

Again I own an impressive 19 books by LM Montgomery who is best known for her Anne of Green Gables series. I own several of her other series and standalones as well. Several of them I bought from the used bookstore so they all have matching covers and a very nice price!

3. J.K Rowling

Obviously I have all the Harry Potter books, plus the Harry Potter textbooks, Casual Vacancy and both her books written under her Robert Galbraith pseudonym. All together these add up to 12 books. I didn't count multiples either because my family owns several copies of each book.


4. Cassandra Clare

I have 11 Cassandra Clare books- the entire Mortal Instrument series, The Infernal Devices and the Shadowhunter Codex. I'm thinking however that this may be the max number of Clare's books that I will own.


5. Rick Riordan

Unfortunately I do not have all of Riordan's  books but I do own 9 of them! I still need to catch up on the Kane Chronicles and the Son of Neptune books. I need to get on buying them because I love them!


6. Scott Westerfeld

With his Leviathan series being my favourite I own 7 Scott Westerfeld books. 


From here the numbers decline sharply and they aren't nearly as impressive but I own 3+ books by John Green, Garth Nix, Jodi Meadows, Rae Carson, Louisa May Alcott, JRR Tolkien and others but I am too lazy to go walk around the house to my room to check! 

I should also point out that these are just books that I own- my family owns books that I have read by authors (such as Elizabeth Peters and Anne McCaffrey) where we have A LOT of them. But those aren't MY books!

No comments:

Post a Comment