Monday, 7 July 2014

Fall For You

Fall for You



By: Cecilia Gray
Published: February 10th, 2012
Publisher: Gray Life, LLC
Source: Kobo Store
My Rating: 4 out of 5


Synopsis

It's obvious that Dante thinks he's way too good for Lizzie. And Lizzie knows Dante is a snob with a gift for pushing her buttons. But things are changing fast this year at the Academy. And when Lizzie's quest to stop those changes blows up in her face, taking her oldest friendship with it, she has nowhere else to turn but to Dante, with his killer blue eyes, his crazy-sexy smile, and his secrets... Secrets Lizzie can't seem to leave alone, no matter how hard she tries...


My Thoughts

I am a sucker for boarding school books, the classics and re-tellings. So you can probably imagine my joy at discovering an entire series with these three elements!

I had actually originally requested on of the books on Netgalley and got approved. In the lovely email from the publisher they informed me that it was a series and where I could find the others (Thanks for that!)
I really enjoyed this book. One of the things I love about re-tellings is trying to guess which character corresponds to the classical character. Some of them stumped me at first (I don't remember a Dante in Pride and Prejudice?!?) But I think I figured out most of them by the end.

I loved headstrong Lizzie and her sweet friend Ellie- plus how she came to have a change of heart about some of the characters that she was set on hating. It was very interesting to see the dynamics of such a classic shifted into a modern day private school. I also was a fan of how well thought out the specific details were (ie why the school is called The Jane Austen Academy)- it was super neat to see!

One thing I would change about this book is the cover. I loved it so much but on  a store the cover wouldn't have drawn me to it so I probably would never pick it up. And there is so much potential for the cover- I have a billion ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment