Monday, 3 February 2014

TTT- Books That Make Me Cry

Top Ten Tuesday- Top Ten Books That Make Me Sob

hosted by the amazing people at The Broke and the Bookish

This is a list of the Top Ten Books that make me sob everytime that I read them

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ JK Rowling


So many reasons to cry in this book- basically throughout the entire thing but the one that really got me was Fred.

2. The Fault in Our Stars

If you've read this book then YOU KNOW!

3.  Code Name Verity

KISS ME HARDY! *sob*

4. Clockwork Princess
I started crying a few pages in this book and then basically cried till the end of the book and beyond

5. To Kill a Mockingbird
Something about this book always strikes at my heart

6. Anne's House of Dreams


7. Allegiant

Again, if you've read this book you know. If you haven't then you are in for a world of tears

8. What's Left of Me

This one also really just gets me and makes me sad

9. The Princess and the Captain
All the tears

10. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
I think I've cried in almost every Harry Potter book but this one really got me

17 comments:

  1. Good list, The Fault in our Stars is a great sad book that also made my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first read Tfios I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about but now I mist up even thinking about it!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant list. I meant to put Allegiant on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I wrote this post I couldn't think of that many books to put on it but now I keep getting reminded of so many!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on all you FioS, HP, Allegiant, and To Kill a Mockingbird. Even though I didn't include Allegiant and TKaM. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that there are just too many tear-worthy books to confine it to a list of ten

      Delete
  4. It's clear Rowling and Green know what they're doing. Clare's last book was...WOW. It's on my list too. The emotions, the complexity, everything about that book was phenomenal.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still slightly in shock over Clockwork Princess- who knows what City of Heavenly Fire will do!

      Delete
  5. Great picks.I picked Deathly Hallows, I pretty much cry from beginning to end - but the last three HP books all make me cry like a baby. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all of the Harry Potter books make me a little misty-eyed but I agree that 4-7 are particularly bad (when it comes to tears)

      Delete
  6. Great list. I love all the Anne books. I put Anne of Green Gables on my list, but House of Dreams certainly has some tear-jerker moments too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Anne of Green Gables is also such a heartbreaker. I remember being pretty young when I read it and the ending really shocked me!

      Delete
  7. Harry potter and code name verity for sure!! I actually haven't read TFIOS - i know, i know... i need to!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good books out there but I would definitely suggest that you read TFIOS (before June 6th too so that then you can go see the movie!)

      Delete
  8. I keep postponing Allegiant for that reason, lol. Soon, i shall dive into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely a book that you want to save for private. Or if you don't mind the public seeing you in tears you could just go for it and read it anywhere!

      Delete
  9. Allegiant made me cry with the scene with Caleb. That really made me SOB! The Deathly Hallows of course had me in a state. Order of Pheonis made me cry as well... actually your right, I think I've cried in ever book but definitely everything from Goblet of Fire onwards!!

    ReplyDelete