Sunday, 9 February 2014

Matched

Matched


By:  Ally Condie
Published: November 30th 2010
My Rating:  3 out of 5

Synopsis 

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. (from Goodreads)

My Thoughts

So I liked this book- liked but not loved. I enjoyed the characters and thought that the idea of the red, green and blue pills was very interesting. I liked how realistic Cassia was. She seemed to be a fairly normal teen, struggling with issues that are fairly universal to teenagers. Another thing that fascinated me was the idea that their time in nature was limited and restricted. As a person who loves the outdoors I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be unable to just go out and enjoy the beauty of nature.

However I found it was a bit formulaic and very similar to other dystopian novels that I have read. The romance wasn't particularly believable to me and I found that I wasn't very emotionally attached or invested in the story line.  The series has a second and third book but I didn't really feel the need to get them after reading Matched. Someday I may read them but for now its not high on my to-read list. 

So overall I would say this book was good, and I'd suggest reading it because you might enjoy it (I know a lot of people do like it a lot)

No comments:

Post a Comment