Tuesday, 28 January 2014

TTT- World's I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Tuesday- 

World's I'd never want to live in because I would most likely die

Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke And The Bookish
These are the (seven because I couldn't think of ten) fictional worlds that I wouldn't ever want to end up in- mostly because I would die very quickly in them or at least be terrified for my entire very short life.

1.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

 I am very weak and slightly pathetic and I would never ever be able to kill anyone so if I ever got reaped for the Hunger Games I'd be dead the very first day. Plus the people deal with such harsh living conditions that if I ever did end up just living in a district I'd be in trouble because I am pretty spoiled living in Canada!

2. Rick Yancey's The Fifth Wave

The entire time I read this book I was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have to live in this alternate Earth! I just don't have the survival skills to live in the wild on my own and support myself.

3. Marie Lu's Legend series

I am a huge fan of these books but I still wouldn't want to live there. I'm pretty smart in this world so chances are I'd end up in a fairly good position after the tests but who knows what sort of horrible things would be happening around me or that I might have to do

4. Margaret Stohl's Icons

The first line on the synopsis I first saw of this book was "Your heart beats only with their permission" and that freaks me out. Not being in control of my own life would just drive me crazy, not to mention also be incredibly scary!

5. Blood Red Road by Moira Young

This world is harsh and cruel to everyone who lives in it. There is no good luck, or easy times. It is ruled by cage fighting, violence and drugs. Once again I am just too soft to live in a world like that.

6. The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon

This is another one of those books/series that I absolutely loved but I just wouldn't want to find myself there. Despite the magic and fantastical creatures, the violence, horror, prejudice and fighting are enough to make me turn away from a visit to this world!

7. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien- 

Now if I was allowed to just be a nice chubby hobbit and live my days comfortably in the Shire eating food and talking with all my friends I would definitely live in Tolkien's world. But if I had to live during the dark times seen in the Lord of the Rings series I wouldn't want to be there.



I tried valiantly to add pictures of all the covers on the bottom here but then my computer started doing weird things and things were being deleted so I stopped- maybe next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment