Saturday, 11 January 2014

Rampant

Rampant



By: Diana Peterfreund
Published: August 25th 2009
My Rating: 4 out of 5

Synopsis

Forget everything you ever knew about unicorns...

Real unicorns are venomous, man-eating monsters with huge fangs and razor-sharp horns. Fortunately, they've been extinct for a hundred and fifty years.

Or not.
(find the rest at Goodreads)

My Thoughts

This is the second time that I have read this book. It was given to me by some friends (the same ones who pretty much given me all my books that aren't from me or my family). It got put away under my bed and this Christmas when I was sorting through all my books I found it again. I had remembered enjoying it so I thought I'd give it a try again.
Second time around I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. I love the unique take on unicorns, this book portrays them in the opposite way the society sees them. Instead of being sweet beautiful creatures the unicorns in this book are bloodthirsty killers. I really like the main character Astrid. She doesn't want to follow her mother blindly, and she wants to actually do things herself. Also I like that Phil is a beautiful, successful young woman who is a virgin because she doesn't want to have sex. Its simply, its just not what she wants for her life. And I think that's a great representation to see in literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment