Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Asunder

Asunder


by: Jodi Meadows
Published: January 29th 2013
My Rating: 5 out of 5

Synopsis

In this second book in the Newsoul trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. (find a more in depth synopsis on Goodreads- I just didn't want to spoil anything in case someone hasn't read Incarnate)


My Thoughts

Asunder is the second book in the Newsoul or Incarnate trilogy by Jodi Meadows. Since this is a review of the second book- there will be spoilers for the first book. So it might be a good idea to just go read Incarnate and then check out this review! But before I get to anything spoiler-y know that I absolutely loved this book.

I fell in love with Ana and Sam and company in Incarnate and was so glad that I finally got around to reading it (and just in time for book 3- Infinite which was released today!) I couldn't wait to see how their story developed especially since I had an inkling that everything was not as it seemed.

Jodi Meadows writes with a breath-takingly beautiful prose, there are so many beautiful descriptions in the book but the following is one of my favourites, "Then I was a shattered blown-glass blue rose, and every step away from him made my shards clatter and chime.”. Even as I was reading that sentence I thought- WOW- this is beautiful.

Asunder did have a little more romance than the books that I normally read but I actually didn't mind it because for every mention of romantic love there was another type of love mentioned. I absolutely adored how there was a focus on frienship love, love of things, love of music etc. I often find that these equally important types of love get ignored for romantic love. Asunder had both- in a beautiful mix!

I could write praise of Asunder for days but instead I will leave you with one last quote: "I want to keep this moment forever, the way you're smiling right now." "You may." I placed the flute in my lap and brushed my hands over my mouth, pretending to grab my smile as though it were bits of wool or clouds. "Here." I pressed my imaginary smile into his hands. "This is for you."

Overall I would recommend this to anyone who likes romances, fantasy or is interested in reincarnation. Also I think that everyone should just read the series because it is amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment