Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Gems of 2013

Gems of 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish
 
These are some of my favourites that I read in the 2013 year! 
 
1. Code Name Verity~ Elizabeth Wein: I read this book twice in 2013 and it was just amazing. It had deep, complex characters (most of whom where girls which was awesome) and it made me FEEL SO MUCH!
 
2.Girl of Fire and Thorn series~ Rae Carson: So I'd read the first book before 2013 but since I only read the second two this year I figured it still counts! Hector is super dreamy and Elisa is someone I wish I could be!
 
 3.Pivot Point~ Kasie West: Considering I just happened to pick up this book it was very, super good! And the end... oh my goodness it was so conflicting!
 
4.Clockwork Princess~ Cassandra Clare: THIS BOOK WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! I probably cried about 95% of the time but it is my favourite series ender- EVER
 
5.Grave Mercy: This one was lent to me by good friends and I really enjoyed it. I'm always for kick-butt girl assassins!
 
6. Battle Magic~ Tamora Pierce: I may be a little biased because I have read (and own) every single Tamora Pierce book or anthology that includes her. But it was so great to get a new book from her (especially since Mastiff was a bit disappointing)
 
7. The Testing~ Joelle Charbonneau: This was similar to the Hunger Games and Divergent but I also really liked the unique twists on the world. The second and third books are coming out in 2014- yeah!
 
8. The Fault in Our Stars~ John Green: I can't believe it took me till this year to read this lovely book! It was heartbreaking, beautiful and very, very true. John Green is a master wordsmith, and all of his books are amazing but this one is special
 
9. Icons~ Margaret Stohl: This book had a pretty unique premise and even though I'm not usually into the sci-fi side of things I thought it was very good!
 
10. The Paladin Prophecy~ Mike Frost: Just read this one- check out my review here- but I loved it so much! I couldn't put it down and read it in one afternoon and am really looking forward to book 2
 
And one more for good luck!

11. Seraphina~ Rachel Hartman: This book is about dragons- so I was pretty excited for it! I love all things dragon and enjoyed the unique dragon-human twist.

What about you guys? Anything you REALLY loved reading in 2013? Link your TTT in the comments so I can check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment