Thursday, 26 December 2013

The Paladin Prophecy

The Paladin Prophecy

by: Mike Frost
Published: September 25th 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5

 

Synopsis

 
Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents' insistence, he's made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam. (find the rest on Goodreads)
 

My Thoughts

 
My mom bought this book in the fall, read it and thought it was amazing,  wrapped it and gave it to me for Christmas and then informed me that I had to read it before I go back to university.
Given the title this book was not at all what I expected.  I've read several books with Paladin's before and they were all very elaborate fantasy books set in mystical worlds. The Paladin's Prophecy is set on Earth in the States so it was completely different from all my expectations! But even with these expectations I thoroughly enjoyed the story.
The plot was gripping and suspenseful, the characters endearing but also very real. I enjoyed the mysterious aspect of the book and felt very invested in solving said mystery along with the main characters.
I definitely can't wait for the next book and would recommend this book for anyone who loves mysterious fantasy stories set on Earth, and fans of books involving boarding school and groups of friends working together!

No comments:

Post a Comment