Monday, 30 December 2013

The Beginning of Everything

 

The Beginning of Everything

 
by: Robyn Schneider
Published: August 27th 2013
My Rating: 3 out of 5

Synopsis

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them—a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra’s knee, his athletic career, and his social life. (from Goodreads)
 

My Thoughts

For some reason I rarely read books that are written from the male perspective. I also don't read a lot of contemporary YA but I'd heard a lot about this book so I thought I'd give it a try!
For the most part I enjoyed it, it had a good combination of amusing and serious moments. I'm also a big fan of the various fandom references woven into the story. At times I found it to be a bit predictable though (which is why I tend to not read much contemporary). Pretty much from the get go I knew a lot of what would probably happen to the characters and those things did happen!
So the book was good and well-written but not my cup of tea. I think I'll be sticking to my fantasy books!

No comments:

Post a Comment