Wednesday, 11 December 2013

My Bookish Crush: Sam

My Book Crush #2 Dossam (Sam) 

from the Newsoul trilogy by Jodi Meadows 


  From the moment I first read Incarnate I fell head over heels in love with Sam. One of the things that I love about him is how musical he is. And what makes him particularly exceptional is that he is a classical musician, not the more common rock star type musician that is oftentimes seen in YA books.

From the moment that we first meet same he is an incredibly sweet young gentleman. He risks his life for someone even when he knows that they would be reborn again. He nurses Ana and is just so kind to her even when she herself thinks she doesn't deserve it. Here are some of my favourite quotes from Sam/about Sam.

“I'd give anything to make things right for you. "He caressed my cheek, my hair, my back. Everywhere he touched, the angry fires cooled. I wished he'd touch my heart. "But I can't. I can help, but the hard work is all up to you, If you don't feel real, no one else can do it for you. I promise, though you've always felt real to me. From the moment I saw you jump off the cliff."
"Sometimes I still feel like I'm still jumping off the cliff.” 
This just shows how incredibly devoted he is to Ana and just how strongly beautiful yet gentle his character is- but that's what makes me love him so much!

Ana. I want you to know I'd choose you. If it were up to anyone, if what I wanted counted for anything, I'd have chosen you.”
Even though he is so devoted to Ana, I can't help but wish Sam would love me!
This is Sam on the cover of his novella and interestingly enough this is almost exactly how I imagine him! (For some reason I sort of picture Sean Astin  as Sam in LotR for this Sam)



No comments:

Post a Comment