Saturday, 21 December 2013

Catching Fire

I went to see Catching Fire yesterday with my best friend. Neither of us had seen it before and we were absolutely floored by it.While I enjoyed the first movie I found the shameless of the camera made me feel sick and my eyes couldn't focus on what was happening. I had none of these problems with Catching Fire!

I loved how accurate to the book it was- they even cast a different cat as Buttercup that was the correct colour! After watching the movie I had to go back and read the books again just to see if there were any differences (and I'm still in the process of doing that). My friend was pretty sure that they left nothing out. Personally I also liked how they didn't just focus on the Games; they also focussed on the relationships and effects that their first Games had on Pretax and Katniss. I think the storyline did a great job portraying the true message of the book instead if focussing on the love story or the Games themselves. 

And the acting...it was just phenomenal! Every time a character was in the scene I could feel their emotions pouring from them. The scene where Effie and Haunting say good-bye reduced me to a good ugly cry. Jennifer Lawrence is an incredible actress but Jena Malone (Johanna Mason) was particularly stunning to me. I'd never felt too strongly one way or the other about Johanna but the one screen portrayal really brought her to life  for me. I could see and feel her pain and it made me understand her anger and brashness so much much- so big kudos to Jena Malone!

Have you seen Catching Fire yet? What were your thoughts, any things you really liked/disliked?

No comments:

Post a Comment