Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Part II- Prodigy

Prodigy

by Marie Lu

This book was published in January and I happened to be in the bookstore the day it was released, so of course I picked it up and read it! 

Synopsis

Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games (from goodreads)

What I thought

Prodigy brought even more intrigue and suspense to this wonderful series. It explores more of June and Day's relationship and goes deeper into how the events of the past are affecting them. I really appreciated this because I think too many books make terrible things happen to the protagonists and then they are just all happy and fine. Day and June aren't okay, because both of them have had horrible things happen in their lives, and this is probably my favourite aspect of this book. 
Also I think that Day and June are such a cute couple- I want a boy to make me a paperclip ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment