Thursday, 7 November 2013

My Bookish Crushes



Over my many years of reading I have fallen head-over-heals in love with so many book characters. So here I'm going to highlight some of my absolute favourite book characters.




Book Crush #1:

Will Herondale~ The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare



Will is definitely on of my favourite book crushes- in fact I've decide to name my first born son Will...

There is just so much to love about him and through the course of the three books you get to see his growth soooo much! He is witty with a dry, sarcastic sense of humour that never fails to make me grin or die of laughter. For example, "Let me give you a piece of advice. The handsome young fellow who's trying to rescue you from a hideous fate is never wrong. Not even if he says the sky is purple and made of hedgehogs"

But at the same time he has the most profound quotes of the story as well,"“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.” 

He is also incredibly sweet and loyal, as evidenced by his relationship with Jem. He will literally do anything to save Jem- the one true thing/relationship in his life (until a major change in the second and third books!)He is definitely more of a bad boy and he's got a bit of a complex where he pushes everyone away but once you learn WHY it will break your heart and honestly I've never read of a character who is so capable of loving completely and just agggggghhhhh I love Will and everything about him, his loyalty, his humour, his songs, and his unconditional love of his entire Shadowhunter family. 


One last beautiful Will Herondale quote is actually an original song he come up with that never fails to make me giggle-

"Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired? 
One must go down, 
To the bad part of town, 
Til one is very tired! 
Demon pox, oh demon pox 
I had it all along 
Oh, not the pox, 
You foolish blocks! 
I mean this very song!
For I was right and you were wrong!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment